February 1, 2014
3300 Croco Road
Topeka, KS 66605
Plunge and 5K Strut
Follow us on Facebook!
DAY OF EVENT SCHEDULE
9:30 a.m. Registration Opens at Lake Shawnee Swim Beach
9:30 a.m. Breakfast
11:00 a.m. Shotgun Start for 5K Polar Strut
11:15-11:45 a.m. Costume Judging
1:00 p.m. After Party Celebration at Lake Shawnee Event Center
REGISTRATION AND DONATION INFORMATION
|| By 1/21
|| After 1/21
|Plunge & Strut
Early Bear Registration Drawing
Another cool opportunity - win an iPod shuffle or a $100 Coleman or American Express Gift Card and support Special Olympics Kansas
- Register online before 12/10/13
- Ask family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors to help you make a big splash!
- For every $50 raised and in your account by 12/10/13, your name will be entered into our drawing
- Drawing will be held 12/13/13, and winners notified by 12/14/13
Click on the icons to register. Need help? Our handy "How to" instructions are listed below.
- Register as a Chicken - Cold water or ice not your thing? Out of town on plunge day? Still receive all the cool incentives as a chicken
- Donate to a team or individual - Search for your plunger or a team and donate to them
- Be a Cool School - Is your school cool enough?
- Be a Plunge Partner - A partnership with SOKS is an opportunity to connect your company with both Special Olympics and Law Enforcement Torch Run
Plungers must raise $75 to plunge and receive a sweatshirt. Strutters must raise $25 and pre-register to receive the Polar Plunge knit cap. Raise more and earn additional incentives:
|$250 - $499
|| Beach Towel
|$500 - $999
|| Jacket and Towel
Early Packet Pickup
Avoid the lines on Saturday and pick up your packet in advance. Bring your registration, donations and signed waiver.
Friday, January 31st - NOON - 7:00 p.m.
Gary Gribble's, 2130 SW Wanamaker #100, Topeka KS
5K Polar Strut
Join the 5K Run/Walk, all pre-registered strutters will receive a knit cap with their paid registration. For more details check out the Strut Course Map.
Join the fun and participate in the costume contest or take bragging rights for your team! Awards will be given to best costume individual, best costume couple, best costume team, highest fundraising individual (not on a team), highest fundraising team and team with most participants.
After Plunge Celebration
Be sure to plan to join the party at the Lake Shawnee Event Center (near Bettis Family Sports Complex). A $5 donation to SOKS purchases your meal and everyone will have a chance to bid on some great auction items. Contest winners will be announced.
Questions?? Contact Jana at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.236.9290 ext. 107
To help you reach your fundraising goal, SOKS has created a toolkit full of useful resources. Please look through them and see how they might be able to help you reach your goal.
How to Create a Team
How to Join a Team
How to Register as a Plunger and/or Strutter and/or Chicken
Team Participation Form
Sample Donation Letter
Who Do You Know? Worksheet
Special Olympics Kansas Fact Sheet
Plunge Day Checklist
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Back to Home